Eltex UPG-Stitch thread break detector
The UPG-Stitch is a thread break detector designed to be used on sewing machines.
It checks that the thread is moving in stitches.
Both no thread movement and continuous thread movement will result in an active output.
- Optocoupler output suitable for PLC or other electronic control devices.
- The ceramic sensor part can be used either as a closed eyelet or as an open bar.
- Several detectors can be connected in parallel.
- The sensitivity can be adjusted with a potentiometer.
- A LED (light emitting diode) indicates when the thread is moving correctly.
Eltex tension monitor with built in yarn break sensor.
We are proud to release to the market our latest development in the yarn tension monitoring segment.
We can now provide a yarn tension monitor with built in yarn break sensor.
Up until now both a tension monitor and a yarn break sensor has been used on many machines, as separate units.
With our new tension monitor you get both functions in one package. 56003 ( 1000cN ) and 56076 ( 2500 cN ).
As before the yarn tension signal can be acquired over the CAN bus, or from the analogue 0 - 5 V signal. New is that also a yarn movement signal is available in the circular M8 connector.
The yarn movement signal reflects the movement of the yarn, and is used to detect yarn breaks.
To have both these functions in one unit makes a more economical solution with less parts to maintain.
Technical information regarding the tension monitor function are the same as for 56001 and 56075.
For further information about the yarn movement function, please contact us.
• Built in yarn break sensor. Separate independent output.
• Monitors the weft tension continuously, fast and accurate.
• CAN bus and analogue outputs available.
• Improves production quality.
• 6-pole modular connectors. Easy wiring.
• M8 circular connector for analogue and yarn movement signal.
EVG-s yarn sensors are designed for general purpose use. They are robust, with a metal housing. The piezoelectric principle is used to detect the yarn movement. This working principle makes them suitable for all types of yarn and makes them insensitive to dust, dirt and humidity variations.
Each sensor has a double modular connector, so they can easily be connected in parallel.
The sensors can be used with a PLC or many other electronic devices like relays, I/O modules, etc.